Saturday, January 28, 2006

First step

Even the longest journey starts with a single step. This posting is my first step towards using a Zire 72 and Motorola mobile phone to post pictures of The Geordies skittles games to the web so that our fans throughout the world can see our exploits as they happen. To be more precise they will see snapshots very soon after they happen - in theory.

And before you ask. No this post was not uploaded from the Zire 72 via the mobile to this weblog!!!!

However, I have already overcome the following technical challenges:
1. The Zire 72 has a camera - it just came that way.
2. I have used the Zire 72 to communicate successfully via bluetooth with my mobile phone and even more impressively used Web Pro successfully to surf the web.
3. I have tested text posts to one of my othe blogs and it was successful - otherwise I wouldn't have bothered with this blog. However, the Vodafone GPRS service is not impressive.

[Click here to learn more about The Geordies skittles team.]

No comments: